PLEASE NOTE: Accessing Geneseo OpenLab requires a SUNY Geneseo email address.
- Go to the Geneseo OpenLab homepage. Click on the Sign up button on the left side (and upper right) of your screen:
- On the next screen, fill out the following fields:
- username (this cannot be changed, so choose wisely)
- SUNY Geneseo email address
- password (this doesn’t have to be your SUNY Geneseo email account password–in fact, it’s always good to use different passwords for all sites)
- account type (student, faculty, staff, or alumni)
- name (first name and last name)
Apart from the SUNY Geneseo email address and username, all of this information can be changed later by visiting Settings under My OpenLab.
NOTE: There is a difference between your username, which you use to log in to the Geneseo OpenLab site, and your display name, which is visible to others. Your username, for example, might be ‘jsmith24’ but you might prefer your visible, display name to reflect you professionally or in your SUNY Geneseo roll as student, professor, or staff member: ‘jane smith,’ for example, or ‘Professor Jane Smith’
- Once finished, click Complete Sign Up.
- At this point, a confirmation email will be sent from Geneseo OpenLab to your SUNY Geneseo email account. Go to your SUNY Geneseo email account, and look for an email from OpenLab (the sender will be listed as firstname.lastname@example.org). Click the link you find in the email from us, and you’re officially a member of Geneseo OpenLab!
STUDENTS, Please Note: If you don’t see the account activation email in your Inbox, please check your Spam folder. Sometimes account activation emails will appear there but not in the Inbox.
- After clicking on the link, you will be at the activation page shown below. Your activation key will be prefilled, and all you need to do is click the Activate button.
If not prefilled, please copy the given code from the e-mail and paste in the activation key box.
You do not need to go through this process again. When you want to come back to OpenLab, simply go to our homepage, and log in with the username and password you created in step two.